This Smoky Vegetarian Chili warms you on the coldest of days. Chock-full of veggies and plant-based protein, you’ll feel cozy and guilt-free until the very last bite.
Smoky Vegetarian Chili
This smoky and satisfying chili warms you on the coldest of days. It is chock-full of veggies and plant-based protein.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 medium sweet onion , diced
- 2 stalks celery , chopped
- 1 green bell pepper , diced
- 1 medium head of broccoli , chopped in bite-sized florets
- 1 small yellow squash (or zucchini squash), diced
- 1 sweet potato , diced
- 1 can sweet corn , no salt added, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounce) of diced tomatoes , no salt added, undrained
- 1 can pinto beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili pepper (add additional 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 3 dashes nutmeg
- 1 cup frozen veggie crumbles , optional
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large pot.
- Add garlic, onion, celery and pepper.
- Sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, or until beginning to soften.
- Add remaining ingredients, and stir.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Serve with sprinkle of low-fat shredded cheddar cheese or spoonful of non-fat plain Greek yogurt on top.