This Smoky Vegetarian Chili warms you on the coldest of days. Chock-full of veggies and plant-based protein, you’ll feel cozy and guilt-free until the very last bite.
Smoky Vegetarian Chili
This Smoky Vegetarian Chili warms you on the coldest of days. It is chock-full of veggies and plant-based protein.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 medium sweet or red onion , diced
- 1 red bell pepper , diced
- 1 small yellow squash (or zucchini squash), diced
- 1 sweet potato , diced
- 1 can sweet corn , no salt added, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounce) of diced tomatoes , no salt added, undrained
- 1-2 cups vegetable broth , depending on preferred texture
- 1 can pinto beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 dashes nutmeg
- 1 cup frozen veggie crumbles , optional
- shredded cheese or non-fat greek yogurt , optional
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large pot.
- Saute garlic, onion and pepper for 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, and bring to boil. Start with 1 cup of broth and adjust according to preference for a thicker or thinner chili.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Serve with sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese or spoonful of non-fat plain Greek yogurt on top.