Fun and zesty, this one-pot Spicy Enchilada Soup comes together in no time, and is great for game nights. Serve with your favorite whole corn tortilla chips and dip.
Spicy Enchilada Soup
This Spicy Enchilada Soup is an easy one-pot meal that's full of zesty flavors.
- 1 onion , chopped
- 2 bell peppers , chopped
- 3 stalks celery , chopped
- 1 zucchini , cubed
- 1 yellow squash , cubed
- 1 sweet potato , cubed
- 2 jalapeno peppers , seeded and minced (leave out if you prefer milder)
- 1/2 cup mild or medium salsa , per preference
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne , leave out if you prefer milder
- 1 cup beer
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes , no-salt-added
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cans black beans , rinsed and drained
- 2 cans corn kernels , rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh avocado slices
- Add all ingredients to a large soup pot. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Using an immersion blender pulse 3-5 times. Mixture should still be chunky, not pureed. OR, add one-half of soup mixture to blender (in batches if necessary) and pulse until a fine chop ,then return to pot. This step creates a nice texture.
- Serve topped with cheddar, avocado, or your other favorite toppings.