This Sundried Tomato Gnocchi is super lux and creamy with loads of garlic, tomato and fresh herb flavors. Can also serve over traditional pasta, wheat pasta, gluten-free or legume pasta. Adding a generous serving of sauteed veggies and white beans helps this meal to keep you full and satisfied.
Sundried Tomato Gnocchi
- 2 packages gnocchi (total 2-2.2 pounds) , prepared
For Sauteed Vegetables
- 1 Tbsp reserved oil (see below)
- 1 onion , thinly sliced
- 16 oz mushrooms , sliced
- 1 red bell pepper , thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini , chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower , cut in florets
- 1 6 oz package fresh spinach
- 2 cans white beans , rinsed and drained; reserve 1/2 cup
- 1 6-8 oz jar sundried tomatoes packed in oil , drained, reserving 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 1/2 cans reduced fat or "light" coconut milk (~20 ounces)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 Tbsp loosely packed fresh oregano leaves , or sub 1 1/2 tsp dried
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground thyme
- 1/2 cup reserved white beans
- shredded parmesan , optional
- Prepare gnocchi according to package and set aside.
- For Veggies: Using 1 Tbsp reserved oil, saute onion, mushrooms, pepper, cauliflower and zucchini for 5-7 minutes, until tender but still crisp. Stir in spinach until wilted and drained beans. Drain off any excess liquid.
- For Sauce: Saute garlic and sundried tomatoes in 1 Tbsp reserved oil for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and blend until smooth.
- To Serve: Mix all ingredients together or plate gnocchi topped with veggies and sauce. Top with fresh oregano and shredded parmesan if desired.