This Super Fast Weeknight Ramen is lower in sodium and comes together in literally 5 minutes with just a handful of ingredients. Feel free to sub your favorite veggies based on what you have on hand. Can also drop in frozen veggies if preferred. Sub your favorite protein such as steamed or grilled chicken, fish, lean pork or tofu. Top with fresh herbs or spring onions if you have handy. I promise, it’s a bowl of yum!
Super Fast Weeknight Ramen
- 8 cups low-sodium broth
- 2 tsp soy sauce (or sub coconut aminos)
- 2 tsp chili sauce (i.e. Sriracha)
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp Chinese 5-Spice
- 2 stalks celery , chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped carrots
- 2 packages dried ramen noodles (throw away seasoning packets)
- 1 cup snap peas (or sub 1 head broccoli or half bunch asparagus cut in bite-size pieces)
- 1 can baby corn , rinsed and drained
- 4 soft boiled or fried eggs , optional
- 2 spring onion , chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds , optional
- Bring broth to boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Stir in soy sauce, oil, chili sauce, and seasonings.
- Drop remaining ingredients except for eggs and spring onion into pot. Simmer 3 minutes, using spoon to keep noodles submerged.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Top with soft boiled or fried egg and spring onions if desired.