These Sweet and Salty Sesame Cashews will tackle your mid-day munchies by satisfying your crunchy, sweet, AND salty cravings. Rich in healthy fats, with a snack-sized dose of protein and fiber, these toasty delights will keep you feeling satisfied.
Sweet and Salty Sesame Cashews
These cashews will tackle your mid-day munchies by satisfying your crunchy, sweet, AND salty cravings.
- 2 cups unsalted cashews
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper , if desired
- Preheat oven to 300 °F.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients together, combining well.
- If looking for a punch of heat, add a couple pinches of cayenne pepper.
- Spread in an even layer on cookie sheet and bake until golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring at 5 minute intervals.
- An appropriate serving size is about 1 handful.
To avoid overindulgence, portion these out ahead of time and pack in snack-sized storage bags.