Sweet Potato Corn Muffins
This is a quick muffin recipe that takes traditional corn muffins and packs in some extra fiber, vitamin A and protein. The natural sweetness and moisture of the sweet potato allows you to cut down on the added sugar and oil. Serve alongside your favorite soup, stew or chili or as a quick grab-and-go breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups mashed sweet potato (about 1 1/2 cooked sweet potatoes, skins removed)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup wheat flour
- 2/3 cup white flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk (any kind)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pain with muffin cups. Whisk all ingredients together just until combined (do not overmix). Fill muffin cups 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Slice open and drizzle with a dash of honey if desired.