These Sweet Potato Corn Muffins take traditional corn muffins and pack in some extra fiber, vitamin A and protein. The natural sweetness and moisture of the sweet potato allows you to cut down on the added sugar and oil. Serve alongside your favorite soup, stew or chili, or as a quick grab-and-go breakfast.
Sweet Potato Corn Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup wheat flour
- 2/3 cup white flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups mashed sweet potato (about 1 1/2 cooked sweet potatoes, skins removed)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk (any kind)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a muffin pain with muffin cups.
- Whisk dry ingredients together and set aside. Stir together mashed sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk and yogurt. Stir in dry ingredients just until combined (do not overmix).
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Slice open and drizzle with a dash of honey if desired.