This Tandoori Chicken is a super fast weeknight meal that has a perfect delicate combination of Indian spices. The flavors are not overpowering for those that may be new to exploring this type of ethnic cuisine. The yogurt is a super sneaky way to not only add some extra protein and vitamin D but makes the chicken super tender.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Add chicken to plastic storage bag.
- Add lime juice, yogurt and spices and shake well/distribute evenly.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat oil over medium heat. Sauté chicken for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve with whole-grain rice and roasted vegetables.