If you’re getting tired of the same old beef, turkey or veggie patties, work these juicy Tex-Mex Shrimp Burgers into your mix! These Tex-Mex Shrimp Burgers have big chunks of juicy shrimp with plenty of complimentary pizazz from the fresh herbs and lime.
Serve alongside your favorite grilled veggies or sweet potatoes. If making on the grill, just be sure to be careful so they don’t break into pieces.
Top with a scoop of my fresh homemade Guacamole Dip.
Tex-Mex Shrimp Burgers
- 1 dozen large raw shrimp , peeled and deveined with tails removed
- 1/2 fresh lime , juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons packed cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Add 3/4 of the shrimp plus remaining ingredients except for breadcrumbs to a food processor. Pulse until combined but still chunky.
- Chop reserved shrimp in 1/2 inch pieces.
- Fold shrimp in along with breadcrumbs.
- Form into patties (should make about 6) and flatten.
- Brown on both sides on a griddle, fry pan or cast iron skillet with 1-2 tablespoons oil, about 3-4 minutes per side, or until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through. Or, grill, 4-5 minutes on first side, 2-3 minutes on second side, until browned and cooked through. Consider placing on a rack or foil atop the grill to prevent breaking apart.
- Top with a scoop of my fresh homemade Guacamole Dip.
- Can also serve atop toasted whole wheat buns or on a bed of arugula or other greens. Enjoy!