Three-Pepper Egg Muffins
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- Ground black pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar-Jack or Colby-Jack cheese , part-skim if available
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Sirachi , to taste
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk eggs, milk, and ground pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Add in peppers, onion and cheeses and stir until combined.
- Spoon an even amount of egg mixture into 6 greased muffin cups, about 1/4 cup each.
- Bake in oven just until set, 20-22 minutes.
- Cool on rack for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm. For an extra kick, top with a dash of Sirachi!
- Makes 3 servings (2 muffins per serving).
Tip: Try baking ahead of time, refrigerating overnight then re-warming in the morning.