Prepare dough following my Whole Wheat Pizza Dough recipe.
Tomato Arugula Pizza
- 1/2 whole wheat pizza dough (see Instructions)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup cherry tomato halves
- 1/2 cup small-cut broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup blue cheese or gorgonzola crumbles
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Fresh ground black pepper , to taste
- Prepare dough following my Whole Wheat Pizza Dough recipe.
- Separate dough in 2. Put second ball of dough in freezer safe bag and store for a later use. Roll out remaining half of dough to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- To make balsamic reduction, add balsamic to a small pot and simmer until reduced by half, about 10-15 minutes; set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Top with broccoli and tomatoes. Bake 8-10 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle evenly with arugula and cheeses. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and top with fresh black pepper prior to serving.