This colorful side-dish can work as a salsa or stand-alone slaw or salad. It is full of different textures, colors, and flavors. It also contains a wide variety of antioxidants and phytochemicals known for their cancer-fighting and immune-enhancing potential. These include vitamin A, vitamin C, lycopene (found in tomatoes), and anthocyanins (found in rich red/purple colored fruits and veggies). Try serving this salad at a picnic, barbecue, or alongside your favorite grilled creation. Can also be used as a salsa for chips or to top fresh grilled chicken or fish.
- 2 cups chopped red tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped baby carrots
- 1 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped purple olives
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp packed dill leaves
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- ground black pepper , to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, cabbage, olives, onion, cheese, and dill. In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine olive oil, honey and vinegar. Pour dressing over salad mixture, season with pepper, and toss to combine.