This Tomato Feta Chicken is moist and scrumptious, highlighting some delicious Mediterranean flavors. The cherry tomatoes and parsley add beautiful color and vibrant flavor. Each bite is juicy and tender.
Tomato Feta Chicken
This Tomato Feta Chicken is moist and scrumptious, highlighting some delicious Mediterranean flavors.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion , thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 4, 6 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves , or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup white cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives , pitted
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- ground black pepper , to taste
- Heat oil over medium-low heat in skillet. Add onion and garlic and saute for 2 minutes
- Brown chicken~3-4 minutes per side.
- Combine wine, lemon juice, mustard and seasonings. Pour over chicken and add in cherry tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook chicken until no longer pink in the middle and alcohol is cooked off, about 3-5 minutes
- Remove from heat. Top with olives, feta, parsley and ground pepper.
- Serve over whole-grain pasta, whole grain rice or quinoa with roasted veggies.