This Tomato Mozzarella Skewers appetizer is ready in a jiffy. Mix up types of cherry tomatoes to get a different variety of colors and nutrients. Can also substitute a different seasonal fruit for the tomatoes. Consider sliced peaches, nectarine cubes, or pineapple chunks. Like a caprese salad on a stick!
Tomato Mozzarella Skewers
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella balls
- 2 cups mixed red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- Bunch fresh basil leaves
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Ground black pepper , to taste
- Line skewers alternating mozzarella with cherry tomatoes.
- Add basil leaves between tomato and mozzarella, or, lay skewers on a bed of basil leaves for guests to pick.
- Season skewers with fresh ground black pepper.
- Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon, and oregano to make a vinaigrette.
- Before serving, gently drizzle vinaigrette over skewers.