This Triple Berry Summer Salad is one of our favorite Summertime meals. You’ll want to dive face-first into all the bright flavors after admiring all the beautiful colors of course. This Triple Berry Summer Salad almost has to be eaten while soaking up some sunshine. Top with chickpeas, beans, grilled chicken or salmon to feel extra full and satisfied.
Triple Berry Summer Salad
- 5 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup mixed berries (i.e strawberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- 1/4 cup sliced white onion or green onion
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper , chopped in large chunks
- 2/3 cup broccoli florets , steamed (see Instructions below)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- Ground black pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons whole grain dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- To steam broccoli: place washed bite-size florets in a microwave safe dish. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove plastic wrap carefully (it will be hot) and allow broccoli to cool.
- Divide salad greens, berries, veggies, cheese and pecans evenly into two bowls.
- Top with dressing, oregano and black pepper prior to serving.