This Vegetarian Gumbo is full of New Orleans-style Cajun flavors. Just the right amount of zesty and spicy and full of veggie goodness. Serve over brown rice or quinoa if desired for a complete meal. Feel free to sub your favorite protein for the veggie sausage.
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 14.5 oz can of canned tomato , rinsed and drained
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp regular paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1 package ground veggie sausage
- 1 can kidney beans , rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chopped okra , tops and tails removed
- 1 yellow squash , sliced
- 1 zucchini squash , sliced
- 1 onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 stalks celery , chopped
- 1 bell peppers , chopped
- 3/4-1 1/2 tsp Old BayR or Cajun seasoning , to taste
- 1/8-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper , to taste
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- Add all ingredients except parsley to crock pot. Cook on high 4 hours or low 6 hours. Adjust spice level based on preference.
- Serve overtop brown rice or quinoa for a complete meal.